Header Ads

Inteveiw with Jamie Bernadette from I Spit on Your Grave: Déjà vu

Are you ready for ISpit on Your Grave: Deja Vu
Interview conducted on February 1, 2019
by Dan Locke


Unrated Dan: You grow up in Kankakee, Illinois.  What can you say about your little town?
Jamie Bernadette: I absolutely love it and it will always be home.  There are such genuine people there.  






What was your first acting job like?  Paid and non-paid?
It was a silent, student film at the New York Film Academy.  I never saw the finished product.  It was unpaid.  

You were only 70 miles from Chicago. Why did you pick LA over Chicago to start your acting career?

Because I was uninformed about how much work there was in Chicago at the time.  There were, from what I remember reading, about 70 tv shows that were filming in Chicago the year that I left for Los Angeles.  If I had to do it all over again, I would have worked out of Chicago first because it is a smaller pool of actors there.  


How did you get on to the NBC horror show “Midnight Texas”?


I auditioned and booked the role.

How many people you think saw your short performance in the Toyota commercial?

I think a lot did because it was a national commercial and would run during the Olympics sometimes twice in 5 minutes. 

You were in 1000 Ways to Die.  Are those stories really real?

I am not sure actually.

Why did you start writing The 6th Friend?

I was inspired to write it after I saw the horror film "The Descent".  



How does one write a screenplay?

Every writer's process is different.  For me, I just sit down and write.  I don't do an outline beforehand or anything.  

What process did you do to get your film made?

Well, first you have to get the funding.  Once you have that, then the rest just comes... with a lot of hard work.  

What are the elements which make up a good horror film?

Suspense, believable acting, and an intriguing story.

Japanese horror vs. US horror?

I like both.  

Tell me about you upcoming film “I Spit on Your Grave: Déjà vu”?

It's the true and only sequel of the 1978 original film.  Meir Zarchi returns to write and direct and Camille Keaton reprises her role as "Jennifer Hills".  I lead the film playing her daughter "Christy Hills".  


If you could play any part in any movie who would it be and would you play the part different?

I would play Ellen Burstyn's part in "Requiem for a Dream".  I would not do anything differently.  Her acting is perfection in that. 

How do you feel about the Oscars not having a host?

I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other.  

ME2 movement?

I think it needed to happen.  Sexual harassment was rampant in the entertainment business.  

Any thing you would like to say in closing?

Thank you for the interview.  



Continue Reading More @UnRatedMagazine

No comments