Header Ads

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

Get Him to the Greek
by Toyin Alaka

Universal Pictures new comedy Get Him to the Greek opened on Friday, June 4th in theaters nationwide, but, thanks to a special advanced screening, I got to see it on Wednesday, June 2nd.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but here’s what I already knew: Jonah Hill and crew were involved (and I don’t always like their comedy or humor) and it stars Sean “Diddy” Combs and comedian Russell Brand. Based on this, I wasn’t sure if I would see it which is why I jumped at the chance to check it out.

If you’re like me and loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall, you’ll like Get Him to the Greek. The film center’s around Russell Brand’s character from Sarah Marshall, Aldus Snow. Snow is a famous brilliant British rocker who, due to a horrible breakup, has fallen into a drunken stupor known as sex, drugs & rock and roll.

“Diddy” plays a crazed record executive named Sergio Roma, who bullies and badgers his employees into coming up with out of the box ideas about signing new artists and boosting sales.

For the first time Jonah Hill plays a semi-serious hard working normal guy. His character Aaron Green makes a suggestion to Roma that leads him on a tumultuous journey to bring Snow to the U.S. to play at the Los Angeles Greek Theater. Will he make it?

Get Him to the Greek has tons of laughs as well as a few serious moments. Overall I rate it enjoyable.

Official Movie Web Site www.gethimtothegreek.net





-Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments