Header Ads

Alexei Rodriguez: Busiest Drummer In Metal Today

Alexei Rodriguez: Busiest Drummer In Metal Today
Interview Conducted September 2009
by Azlana Darque

3 Inches of Blood alum, Alexei Rodriguez is one of the best and busiest drummers in metal today. I sat down to ask him a few questions about his life, his career, and the many new projects he's working on that have the metal music industry buzzing. Here's what he had to say:


Azlana: Let's start at the beginning. At what age did you begin playing?

Alexei: I decided at 13 that drums were going to be my new instrument, and in
that year before I got my first kit at 14, I air-drummed relentlessly to audio
and video of my favorite stuff, so that I could waste no time and immediately
begin playing beats.


Azlana: As a drummer, who have been your greatest influences?

Alexei: Initially, Black Sabbath and Slayer. Now - SO many. From the slow
grooves of Led Zeppelin and the sludge of Neurosis, to the frantic blasts of
black and death metal, to the finesse of Buddy Rich and Billy Cobham. I also try
to pick up new things every time I go on tour or play a show by watching other
drummers. I only took lessons very briefly, so seeing/hearing new things has
always been my teacher. Trying to answer this question without writing a novella
is near-impossible, so I'll save you the boredom and leave it at that.
-
Read the full interview at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments