Header Ads

An Unfinished Life (2005)

An Unfinished Life (2005)Mirimax Pictures / Revolution Studios
Theatrical Release Date: September 9, 2005 (USA)
Director: Lasse Hallstrom
Rated PG-13

Review by Dan Hansen

For all of you Morgan Freeman, Robert Redford or Jennifer Lopez fans, this is a great film. What’s great is this movie appeals to so many people on so many levels. I hope this one gets an Oscar – It deserves it.

This is a story about a down on her luck woman (Jennifer Lopez), desperate to provide a better life for her daughter (Becca Gardner). They move in with her father-in-law (Robert Redford), from whom she is estranged, and ranch partner (Morgan Freeman). Through time, they learn to forgive each other and heal old wounds.

If you don’t know, I’m a huge Morgan Freeman (Academy Award winner for his performance in Million Dollar Baby) fan. Ever since I saw “Shawshank Redemption”, he has been one of my all time favorite actors. I’m not much of a Robert Redford fan but from the many movies I’ve seen him in, I feel this is his best stuff. Like Clint Eastwood, he got better with age. Jennifer Lopez gives a great performance as well. Let’s not forget Becca Gardner because I feel this girl has the stuff to have a great career ahead of her.

No comments