Header Ads

Interview with Ted Neeley of Jesus Christ Superstar

Ted Neeley in Jesus Christ Superstar


Ted Neeley isn’t just any musical theater superstar. He is THE superstar, originally cast as the title character in the 1973 classic film, Jesus Christ Superstar. As the movie celebrates its 45th anniversary this year, it’s all still surreal for the man with the golden throat.

“It’s overwhelmingly wonderful,” says Neeley, who is still performing the very role that catapulted him to superstardom almost five decades ago. “This movie has some sort of an impact on people, a spiritual impact. And they connect me to that. They’ll come to me and say, ‘you’re my Jesus.’ And instantly I say ‘I’m a screaming, rock and roll drummer from Texas who got lucky, I’m not Jesus, It’s okay.’ But the way they react to it, it’s a life-changing experience and this is all these years later.”




Continue to complete Interview with Ted Neeley

No comments