Header Ads

Journey Brings their Classics to Tinely Park on August 13th, 2016





Journey Brings their Classics to Tinely Park on August 13th, 2016

By:  Coren E. McLeod







Nothing can compare to being a child in the 1980’s.  I swear, that time was simply amazing and the memories I have are ageless.  Between the big hair, the wardrobe of spandex, the wicked makeup and the hair metal music, I want to go back.



Well, I kind of did that very thing.  On August 13th, 2016, I made my way down to Tinely Park to witness the reincarnation of the mega band Journey!  Of course, I grew up with Journey and the amazing vocalist Steve Perry fronting the band.  On that Saturday, I was going to witness for my first time, the new lead singer, Arnel Pineda.  And what I can say, Mr. Perry would be proud.
I was at the concert for photos.  The funny thing was, I saw a big mixture of young and old in the audience.  As I stood at the sound board, fighting to get that ever impressive shot of Journey, I was simply blown away by Arnel’s chops.  This guy could sing and it was truly impressive!!!!!



Right from the beginning of the set, the entire band came out with a ton of energy and the crowd went crazy.  “Any Way You Want It” was the 1st song to be played and my mouth dropped open.  I love that song!!!!  As I tried to concentrate on taking pictures, it was hard to do that.  I just wanted to dance and sing to the amazing music I grew up with.
While Arenl was singing and running all over the stage, the rest of Journey held their own.  Neal Schon on lead guitar just has a flawless effort to his ability to play all sorts of guitars.  Ross Valory makes playing the bass so chill and cool.  The keyboards provide by Jonathan Cain brings that necessary edge to Journey’s music.  And, of course, I always have a huge respect for the drummer.  Steve Smith still has the power and energy to keep pace with each and every song.  It was sincerely astounding!



To be honest, Journey seems to be at a prime in their life where they can simply do no wrong.  Fans have loved this band for ages and this will be going on forever.  I am so happy that I had this opportunity to observe the brilliance which is Journey!!!!  #Cheers 




No comments