Header Ads

John Carter (2012) Willem Dafoe Interview @UnRatedFilm


An Interview With Willem Dafoe For The Blu-Ray Combo Pack And Dvd Release Of John Carter

The epic tale of John Carter is a sweeping action-adventure set on the mysterious and exotic planet of Barsoom [Mars]. The movie’s lead character, John Carter [played by Taylor Kitsch], is a war-weary, former military captain who’s inexplicably transported to Mars and reluctantly becomes embroiled in an epic conflict. It’s a world on the brink of collapse, and Carter rediscovers his humanity when he realizes the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands.

Stunning special effects, great characters and villains – and complete with extraordinary bonus features – John Carter is a heroic and inspirational adventure that will thrill audiences beyond imagination. With the Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD of the heroic tale about to be released, we catch up with acclaimed actor Willem Dafoe – who plays a 9-foot tall alien called Tars Tarkas in the movie – to find out more about the epic project…

What attracted you to the role of Tars Tarkas in John Carter?
Initially, I was attracted to the role by the movie’s co-writer and director, Andrew Stanton. He told me all about the project, which sounded great – and he told me how they were going to shoot the movie, which also sounded great. The fact that it was a passion project for him, and the fact that it was his first live-action movie were both really attractive to me. I’d already done some Pixar projects where I’d worked with Andrew before, so I knew he was a very clever guy. I like to be around smart people because I hope some of their intelligence rubs off. That’s why I signed up for the project.

Did the script play a big role in your decision, too?
Yes, of course. However, if there’s a consistency to what attracts me to projects it’s often the people involved. Scripts are pieces of literature and I think they are not necessarily the best part of movies. If you have a great script, wonderful – but you can do some of that in television. I like tapping into the poetry of movies, the language of movies, and I think that is very powerful. I knew Andrew Stanton had a clear vision for John Carter and I knew he was the right man for the job. I was eager to work on such a passionate project for him.

Read the full interview at UnRatedFilm.com


- Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com | UnRatedFilm.com

No comments