Header Ads

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (2010)

If you love comedy with a bit of slasher gore, then Tucker & Dale vs. Evil is the movie for you. This movie had me rolling with laughter. However, it did take me a while before I decided to watch it (like a year). I did not know anything about this flick and the cover did not spark my interest, a hillbilly with a chainsaw. Finally I took a chance to find out what the hell this is about… so glad I did. The film is a riot from beginning to end. I loved it.  It’s about hillbillies and college students, always a perfect match for a horror movie.

The two main characters are Tucker (Alan Tydyk) and Dale (Tyler Labine) your typical backwoods hillbilly stereotypes. What come to mind immediately are scenes from the movie “The Deliverance.” In reality, two regular guys doing nothing more than hanging out, wearing coveralls and ball caps.  So what makes them look so frightful? It’s a horror movie! They are dressed like off the farm, kind of regular “Joe” in looks, if you think about it, kind of like the rest of us (when we are not at work or out on the town). Not every person from the hills has the looks of the Duke Boys (Dukes of Hazzard). If our hillbilly duo looked like Bo and Luke Duke, then this movie would have been a teenage romance flick. The beauty of Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, is that most of us look like this dynamic duo.  Don’t think you don’t, be honest.


- Read more at UnRatedFilm.com

No comments