Header Ads

The Mortician (2012)

Studio: Lionsgate/Full Circle Films
DVD Release: February 14, 2012

Rated R

Review by James Klein

Wow, talk about false advertisement. The Mortician is promoted and packaged like this is a horror film. Far from it. Much like films such as Boyz N the Hood and Menace II Society, this urban drama tries to be a life story about a lonely man helping a down on their luck family by getting away from an evil street gangster. While the previous films I mentioned worked due to the talent behind the camera and also in budget, The Mortician lacks the same heart and drama due to its extremely low budget and an oddly all British crew (shown in the making of featurette on the DVD) who just don’t seem to know what exactly makes an urban drama click.

- Read the full review at UnRatedFilm.com

1 comment

Jeff the Rapper said...

Yo UnRated Magazine,check out my page. If you like the songs I wrote I'll send you my UnRated CD