Header Ads

VOLBEAT: Beyond Heaven, Above Hell


VOLBEAT: Beyond Heaven, Above Hell
Vertigo – Universal Music - September 28, 2010
by Edwin van Hoof

Let's put this straight for the record; I have always had a 'love it or hate it'-relationship with Volbeat in the past. The Scandinavians did strike me with excellent songs over and over, but did disappoint me when I listened through the entire album afterwards. I missed something... something just did not add up. But then there is...

Volbeat has been building their career slowly, bit by bit. Ongoing streaks of recording and touring where endless, but the band managed to build a solid base of fans demanding more, and infecting many over the years. An invitation to support Metallica shot them sky high. Deserved...

"Beyond Heaven / Above Hell" is the latest fruit of their labour and for me personally their very best. The album simply displays all there is to them.


-Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments