Header Ads

Travis Hunter Brown Interview

Travis Hunter Brown Interview
Interview Conducted on October 10th, 2010, Nashville, Tennessee United States
by Sadaf Fayyaz

Travis Hunter Brown is a singer-songwriter from St. Petersburg, Florida. Music is his love and passion. Creating music and playing it acts as his rush. He has been involved in writing for years. He grew up on the likes of Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding and Sly Stone, the Beatles' and The Beach Boys' knack. He loves harmonies and melodies. He is a sharp observer and an extrovert, who draws his inspiration from everywhere and anywhere. He is a serious person who knows well what time to get serious and make music is. Whatever he documents is highly inspired from his surroundings and environment. He lives for sound and music. It is something new that grows inside him. He loves creating music and holds a deep passion for it. His songs include "All that she wrote", "I woke up", "Tidal wave", "Making it Right", "23rd Entry", "SkyLark", "June Bobbet", "Erased", "I have become" and "The Frappuccino Song". His song "Future Ex-Wife" is an intuition by his friend that he wrote and penned down. He gave a new look and dimension to his song "Mad World", which was originally done by Tears for Fears in 1980s and later by Gary Jules. His song "Easy Mac" is a jingle one that he wrote after he got inspired from seeing a jingle on television for a tuna fish brand. The comic like jingle inspired him to write the song.

Sadaf Fayyaz: Did you get some formal music training? If so, tell about it.

Travis Hunter Brown: Well, I've been singing since I could talk. I listened to a lot to my Mother's old records. Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Tina Turner, People like that, to name a few. I would say shaped my music knowledge in the first years of my life. In Middle school and high school I attended performing arts schools for voice. After high school I was in several bands. I think a culmination of what I learned in school, my mother's record collection and the bands I was in, all shaped my musical odyssey.


-Read the full interview at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments