Header Ads

Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir by Dave Mustaine with Joe Layden Review


Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir by Dave Mustaine with Joe Layden


I read through Mustaine (by Dave Mustaine and Joe Leyden) on this past Saturday. I purchased the book a few weeks back when Dave Mustaine was in Chicago promoting the book at Borders back on August 20, 2010. I forgot that I purchased a copy, but I was in the store photographing a sports legend and remembered that I had the book on reserve. On the day that Dave Mustaine was in town at Borders, I was photographing the book signing, when Dave Mustaine entered he did not stand and pose with the book as most authors do... hey that was fine with me. A couple of the other photographers were kind of pissed at that fact. Not me, it showed that Mustaine was pure heavy metal and the monkey shit we ask celebrities to do at book signings and red carpets, well Mustaine had nothing to do with it, he just ignored the press and gave his attention to the fans in line. Dave Mustaine was respectful and gave us plenty of photo ops, so I don't want anyone think that he was rude to the press, it was further from the fact. He was there to meet fans and sign autographs; you can say the press was the sideshow act.... Later that night, Mustaine would go on to perform at the UIC Pavilion with other legends of thrash metal. I would have loved to have been at that show, even more to photograph, but other obligations were more important. Being someone who has seen Megadeth in concert at least 20 times, as a fan and photographer. But my family had precedence, I'm not 18 anymore, and I love coming home these days to be with my wife and children. Sorry Megadeth, even with Dave Ellefson back in the band, I have to rain check... till next time when Megadeth rolls through Chicago.

-Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments