Header Ads

Someone you should know- My email interview with Megan Chase



Megan has loved music all her life and began singing at a very young age. When she was younger, she often performed at her grandparent Salvation Army Church. Her parents have photos and videos of her singing for the church services when she was only 3 years old. From that point on, just about everyone in Megan's family knew that she would want to be involved in the music industry. Megan began posting YouTube videos in 2011. She began developing a small fan base who called themselves Chasers. With time her fan base continued to grow and she now has over 21,000 views on YouTube.

Currently, Megan is recording her very first EP which will be released in August of this year. She has become a student ambassador for Defeat The Label, which is an organization that is aimed to put an end to bullying. She absolutely loves working with Defeat The Label and enjoys sharing how we can put an end to bullying in our schools.

She will be performing at The VITY Tour ATL on June 21st and The Middletown, DE Peach Festival on August 16th at 11:45 a.m. More show date and details will be announced as she's added to the line ups. 


I discover her on youtube.  And I know she needed to get her message out. So I did a emailed interview with her around June 1, 2015.

How was the band first formed?
    I began singing at a very young age. My grandparents worked for the Salvation Army as ministers so when I went to visit, I would sing for the church services. That's where I found my love for music and have been pursuing it ever since.

What type of music would you say you perform?
    I perform a mix of Pop and R&B.

I only hear you do covers.  Are you doing any original music?
    I'm currently working on a debut album, so originals will be coming out soon.

How looking for a label coming?
    I'm currently signed to Turtle Studios.

I know you are starting up but has your music change over the years?
    I would say that my music has matured and found which genre sounds best with my voice.


What is the Genre of your music?
    My music is mostly Pop and R&B with a little bit of an acoustic feel.

What is your feeling abou Vinyl?
    Vinyl is awesome! My favorite vinyl album is Revolver by The Beatles.

What are some of the some of the bands which Influences your band?
    Some bands/artists that influence me are Tori Kelly, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Maroon 5, and Paramore.


Where does you music come from?
     My music comes from experiences I've had and different feelings I've felt. Inspiration can be found everywhere.


Who have opened up for you?
    I haven't really had anyone open up for me. I've been on line ups that have had a lot of people on them, I just haven't headlined. A couple of people I have performed with though are Jaron Hamil, Tyler Layne, and Camryn Wilson.

Who would you like to open up for you?
    I would love to do a show with Cody Simpson. He has a very cool new vibe going with his music and it would be awesome to work with him.

What instruments do us on tour vs. the ones you record with in the studio?
    I have been using a Fender acoustic-electric guitar on tour along with backing tracks that my studio has made for me. My production team and I have use a couple different guitars, pianos, and drum sets at the studio. I'm not completely sure what makes and models they are though. However, I definitely love how warm and full sounding they are, the instruments are a lot of fun!


If you could have any instrument what would it be?
    I would love an Ibanez AS153AYS semi-hollow electric guitar. It's a beautiful guitar that produces an awesome sound.

What is the biggest crowd you have play for?
    I've performed for just over 200 people.

What direction do you see your music heading in the next 2 years and your long term goals of your music?
    I would love for my music to continue to grow in the next two years. I would love for it to reach as many as possible. The ultimate goal is to provide everyone with good originals that make them feel good about themselves and have something to relate to.
What fest would you like to play?
   
Who would you like to open up for?
    I would love to play at Digi Fest, Brave Fest, or on the Pop Nation Tour.


Who would you like to be a support artist for?
    I would absolutely love to open for Tori Kelly or Meghan Trainor.

What artist would you like to play with and why?
    It would be awesome to be a support artist to Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith.

Are you BMI or ASCAP?
    I'm currently with ASCAP.

What did you want your fans to take from the videos?
     I would love for them to be inspired to try and achieve their dreams and goals.

What bands did you grow up with?
    I grew up listening to bands like The Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 Degrees and more.

What is on you ipod right now?
     I recently downloaded Hotel Ceiling by Rixton, Tori Kelly's EP Handmade Songs, and have had Multiply by Ed Sheeran on a constant repeat.

If you could pick any cartoon character who would it be and why?
    Scooby-Doo, hands down! Who doesn't love a talking dog who solves mysteries!

What music do you listens to relax?
     I usually put on some music by Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith to relax.

Thank you for you interview


Videos
Twitter
Google Plus
Facebook
Instagram
Vine
 .- Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments