Header Ads

Kitty (Pryde) Drops FrostBite Remix EP |Film Debut at SXSW + Announces SXSW Music

Kitty's FrostBite Remix EP Drops Today
+
Kitty Interviews Dan Deacon For New Column "In The Cloud With Kitty"
+
Makes Film Debut in "Babysitter" Premiering at SXSW
+
Announces SXSW Music Dates

Today the glitter pop princess Kitty drops her new dazzling snowflake take on her critically acclaimed FrostBite EP. She has released the project on her Soundcloud and it's free for fans to stream or download. The EP features remixes by Jai Wolf, Groundislava, DepressedTeenager & Maxo. Check it out here. More info about the producers and track list below.

ICYMI: Kitty interviewed Dan Deacon for her In the Cloud with Kitty column and you can check out the video interview here. The column drops every Monday, making Mondays suck a little less. It's a curated collection of music, jokes, videos, interviews, thoughts, feelings, selfies, and whatever the f&*# else she feels like sharing.

Kitty also makes her film debut this year in Babysitter, which premieres this year at SXSW. Hint, she plays a high school bad girl who likes drugs. Dates for screening below and on flyer attached. You can check out more info on the film here.

Babysitter Screening Dates @ SXSW
3-15: 6:45 PM at Alamo Ritz
3-17: 11 AM at Violet Crown
3-18: 10:15 PM at Alamo Lamar C

Kitty is also playing a select handful of shows during the music portion of SXSW and those dates are listed below and on the same flyer below.

Music Performances @ SXSW
3-18: 8PM - The Day Party on Red Bluff
3-20: 12:35PM - Shout it Out Loud Showcase
3-21: 10PM - Check Yo Ponytail

Check out the FrostBite Remix EP: https://soundcloud.com/kittaveli/sets/frostbite-the-remixes

Kitty's FrostBite Remix EP Track List
1. last minute (Groundislava remix)
2. miss u (Jai Wolf remix)
3. 285 (Maxo Parasol mix)
4. miss u (DepressedTeengager remix)


Kitty on working with Jai Wolf:
I started listening to Jai because of Skrillex: one of my brothers was playing his Ease My Mind remix in the car, and I was like…I have to work with this guy. I asked him kind of sheepishly if he’d be interested in remixing Miss U via Twitter and he replied that he was going to ask me himself!!! I love how it came out, I love the energy he added to the song.

Groundislava:
The first draft of this remix happened after me and Groundislava went out drinking. I opened my computer the next day and saw Live was loaded with a weirdly stretched out version of my acapella with a bunch of crazy drums in weird places. Apparently he’d been remixing in the middle of the night. Anyway, I like how dark the song feels with his production- it’s sort of a dark song in the first place, but the new drums bring out the darkness so much more.

Depressed Teenager:
I don’t know who depressed teenager is, but he makes good songs. I like this one. It sounds like the 90s.

Maxo:
The first time I met Maxo, it was at a show, and I had a very bad fever. I’m not sure how that conversation went, but he ended up at my house that week working on songs with me in my living room, and the first time I saw him write a song I was like…..shocked by his talent. Maxo is honestly a genius and I’m lucky to be working with him now, because soon he’ll be way too big and busy to have time for things like this. I love what he did with my song and I love him to death.

Kitty on the internet: Twitter || Soundcloud || Tumblr || Bandcamp
 
- Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments