Header Ads

How Do Deaf People Hear Music

How Do Deaf People Hear Music

by Dan Locke


I have a couple of deaf friends and they are always  committing to me how music is.  So I asked one of them to tell me how they listen to  music and here is what my friend Dave Skarp told me.  Dave was a friend of my while I was growing up in Buffalo New York who was deaf.  He was always going to concerts and we were always hanging out together.  Fast forward 35 years and Dave is my only friend from Buffalo who is living in the Chicago area.  We keep in touch by facebook and he still talks about music.
Here how is answer the question.

I born with deaf severe profound. In my left ear, I was able to listen sounds like fireworks or lot of noisy music speakers with vibration bass so I started to like listening music from Classic to pop music as well as  Heavy Metal and  Classic Rock ! I learned some music in rhythm class at SMSD ( St Mary's School for the deaf) and from other friends, so I love music so music . I have to say if there was no music on earth we will go nuts !! Music make everyone happy and relax, and of course good times !! Rock n Roll Forever . I still read some heavy metal encyclopedia book and etc which is Awesome !! 
In addition I love going to your apartment to listen to Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun, your speakers were awesome !!! and you played some other cool bands !

  - Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments