Header Ads

Interview with the Cast of Rock Of Ages Stephen Alan as "Stacee Jaxx" By: Coren E. McLeod of UnRated Magazine



Interview with the Cast of Rock Of Ages
Stephen Alan as “Stacee Jaxx”
By: Coren E. McLeod of UnRated Magazine
Photos by:  Barry Nadler 






As many fans start counting down the days of TheatreWorks Florida production of “Rock Of Ages” to hit the stage, we have to get to know the man behind the ever sexy character, Stacee Jaxx.  “Rock Of Ages” will have its opening night on Wednesday, September 28th, 2016.  In my opinion, the character of Stacee Jax is one that needs to be played by someone that has a lot of swagger for the ladies to love.  And that is where Mr. Stephen Alan comes in. 

I got to ask some questions to the man behind the hair.  It sounds like Stephan is very pumped to be in “Rock Of Ages” and loves the entire era of the 1980’s.  So, let’s find out what else has Stephan thrilled and what he really thinks about Tom Cruise: 



UnRated Coren:  Please let me know who you are and what character you are playing in “Rock Of Ages…”

Stephen:  Stephen Alan playing Stacee Jaxx

UnRated Coren:  Did you know anything about the story behind “Rock Of Ages?”
Stephen:  I had heard of it but was not familiar with what the story was all about.

UnRated Coren:  What bands from the 1980’s are you familiar with? Which ones did you rock out to?

Stephen:  I grew up on all of these songs. Many of which are some of my greatest influences:  Styx, Journey, and Foreigner are still three of my favorite bands.


UnRated Coren:  What made you want to try out for this awesome production of “Rock Of Ages?”

Stephen:  It was recommended to me by a friend of the Producer/Director who saw me perform with my rock band Mad As Adam. After some research I realized that this production was right up my alley.




UnRated Coren:  What character do you like the most?

Stephen:  I love my character but I think Lonny would be a lot of fun to play.

UnRated Coren:   What did you do to prepare for the audition?

Stephen:  I listened to the soundtrack and rehearsed two of my favorite songs from the show.

UnRated Coren:  What is your background with theatre or acting? 

Stephen:  I actually have a BA in Technical Theatre from UCF. I worked at Universal Orlando for 14 years as a tech doing everything from pyrotechnics to show operator. So I was mostly behind the scenes. But I have been on stage singing since I was a child. From church productions when I was a kid to my rock bands as an adult. 





Unrated Coren:  How is rehearsal going so far? How does the cast get along?

Stephen:  It’s going very well! It’s a lot of hard work, and a very aggressive schedule, but everyone is studying and working very hard. The show is really coming together. Everyone gets along so well and we have a lot of fun together.

UnRated Coren:  There are a lot of great songs in this production. What are some you remember listening to before joining the cast?

Stephen:  All of them. This is my generation. Besides the late 60’s and 70’s music that my siblings introduced me to, this is the music that shaped and influenced me the most.



Stephen:  What did you think about the 2012 movie?

Stephen:  I refuse to see it. I know it doesn’t follow our stage version, and I’m not that big of a Tom Cruise fan. I'll probably watch it after the run of this show.

UnRated Coren:  What other plays have you been in?

Stephen:  None, but I had a brief stint as “the shortest Frankenstein ever” in Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue at Universal Orlando.

UnRated Coren:   What songs are your favorite to perform? Is the dancing difficult?

Stephen:  My two big songs are "Wanted Dead Or Alive" and "I Want To Know What Love Is." Because of the way they are staged I love them both. But, if I had to choose I guess it would be "Wanted Dead Or Alive." I by no means would be considered a dancer, but with practice everything is coming along nicely.

UnRated Coren:   Since “Rock Of Ages” is set in 1987, how do you like your wardrobe? Is there enough Aquanet for the entire cast? (LOL…)

Stephen:  I LOVE my wardrobe!!! My outfit is pretty outrageous but totally accurate for that time period.



UnRated Coren:  How does your director, Scott Cook, challenge you with your character?

Stephen:  The toughest challenge for me is taking my character to an over-the-top level. I tend to want to play him a little too realistic. So it’s a little challenging pushing him to that outrageous point, but it’s a lot of fun getting there.

UnRated Coren:  What are you most looking forward to on Opening Night?

Stephen:  The reaction of the audience, and just getting one show under our belts. I can't wait for the show to open. It's gonna be a blast!!

UnRated Coren:  What can audiences expect from this production of “Rock of Ages?”
Stephen:  Sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll baby!!! It's a rip-roaring trip through the late 80's Sunset strip!!

Wow!!!  Stephen has gotten me even more pumped up about seeing this production of Rock Of Ages!  I really hope you are going to come out and support this amazing cast when Rock Of Ages opens on September 28th, 2016! 

Thank you Stacee Jaxx, I mean Stephan for the interview.  #WantedDeadorAlive










Follow us on Twitter @TheatreWorksFl
See us on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/twf0101
Visit the official TWF website::http://www.theatreworksfl.org/











- Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments