Header Ads

One on One with Giselle Amanie

Hello this is Giselle Amanie and I'm with UnRated Magazine

Giselle Amanie (January 01, 1988) was born in Forthworth, Texas on a Coast guard base and currently residing in San Jose, California. She is an independent recording artist with a sweet and soulful R&B sound. She has also an experience in acting, songwriting and makeup artistry.

Giselle’s mother worked as a professional singer in a traveling band while her father was a corporal in the United States coast guard and a vocalist as well. They resided in Texas until her parents divorced in January 1990. By the age of 10, her family moved to Union City, California and Giselle spent her time taking flight to Texas in the Summers to visit with her father. And by the age of 12, her mother remarried and moved the family to San Jose.

In the year 2005-2013, she landed a job at In N Out Burger while in junior year of high school in Evergreen Valley High School and by June 2013, she quits as an assistant manager and transitioned to the role of assistant manager at MAC Cosmetics. She also went to Evergreen Valley College as well as San Jose State University with a major in Biology and minor in Chemistry. This is what molded her as what she is today. She wanted more out of life than a degree and salary job and she wanted to fulfill her life dream.

Right now, Giselle is operating “Belle Femme Artistry”, her freelance makeup company, and works part time at MAC Cosmetics.

Giselle is an artist that fans can relate to, because of her upfront and genuine personality and the classic story of a working woman living her dream. With her exotic beauty, sincere smile and all natural physique that will surely make your heads turning wherever she goes.


UnratedDan: Who are your influences and why?
I have many influences through my music which can be heard because of my love for 90's R&B. Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, and TLC are some of the few. I like to merge the 90's with modern times, so I also admire Trey Songz, Kehlani and Jhene Aiko.

UnratedDan: What is your latest project or album?
My latest Project is my EP "Heartache Fetish" a compilation of my life experiences with love, heartbreak and the hope of finding love. I've been writing music for years but I must say this is most emotional and soul wrenching work to date.

UnratedDan: What about a tour? What are your current touring plans?
I don't plan on touring just yet, I'd like to build my music up and eventually plan on performing in local lounges and coffee houses all over the bay area. I would like to be in an intimate setting so my fans can not only see me, but feel me.

UnratedDan: What is the passion you have toward music and why?
I'm passionate about music because I've always been better at expressing emotions through it as opposed to just talking about it. Whatever I have to say I do it with passion and keep it real.

UnratedDan: Are you creative in any other arts including sciences and technology?
I also model and act so it's fun to have multiple goals to achieve since multitasking is my forte.
Funny enough, I went to college with a major in Biology minor in chemistry but obviously I'm not using it in this profession.


UnratedDan: Do you have a family and how supportive are they?
I would have to say above all my Mother is the most supportive and understanding. She takes the time to listen to my projects, my music when it's just a skeleton, and loves to see my latest photoshoot. She's my rock.

UnratedDan: How do you plan to invest the successes you have monetarily? And does the future hold?
I would have to invest in a makeup and hat line definitely. Being a woman of business will sustain my future and that's what’s important to me. I know my future holds many opportunities and I’m ready to take them by storm.

Thank you UnRated Magazine
- Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments