Header Ads

One on One with Count Alonzo





Photo by Alexandra Hagel 

Brooke Alwyn Macklin, also known as, Count Alonzo, is a hip-hop recording artist based in PGCounty, MD. Currently working on collaborations with regional artists for his upcoming EP, Journey of SirKnox a Locs. Count Alonzo began his training in the classical arts of piano, vocal, and stage performance starting 2012, traveling between Hampton University and HB Studio. He returned to the recording arts in2015 after a 5 year hiatus.

After a life-changing experience of drug overdose in 2012, Count Alonzo joined the Pi Beta chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America Inc. Even as a child, with songwriting far from a child’s mind, Alonzo was putting words together and courting women with letters of poetry since the age of 10.The Count constantly battles with issues such as manic depression, drug abuse, and violent tantrums. Originating from Sierra Leone and born in Harlem, much of his time growing up was spent inHarlem, NY, Rockville, MD (LP), and Gaithersburg, MD (124). While living with his mother, grandmother and two younger sisters, Alonzo was heavily influenced by drugs, violence, and gang activity but still makes a constant effort to deliver positivity back to the world.




Unrated Dan: Who are your influences and why?
Kid Cudi for sure. I love his lifestyle and he got me through the rough times growing up. He's my biggest influence. Second is Ray Charles. He was a creator that wasn't afraid to try new things as well as a business man. This is my goal.

Unrated Dan: What is your latest project or album
My latest single will be releasing April 2, 2016.

Unrated Dan: What about a tour? What are your current touring plans?
Currently no tour dates. I'll be starting with local open mics in the next upcoming weeks and working my up.

Unrated Dan: What is the passion you have toward music and why?
Music has been around me all my life since I was a child. I just never knew it was my calling until this past year. I stopped writing 5 Years ago. Guess it found me again.

Unrated Dan: Are you creative in any other arts including sciences and technology?
I've always been a gamer so it makes sense that I studied game development while getting my degree in computer science.

Unrated Dan: Do you have a family and how supportive are they?
My parents are divorced and both sides think I'm wasting my time. The only support is my bathroom mirror.

Unrated Dan: How do you plan to invest the successes you have monetarily? And does the future hold?
he money goes right back into my business, but especially my team. It's the same thing as flipping. Keep doing it and build an empire. Easier said than done, but you gotta believe in yourself. All I see in my future is proving everyone wrong.






- Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments