Header Ads

A band to watch out for - The Weedhawks



 The band Is Coming Your Way- The Weedhawks
By Dan Locke


The Weedhawks are Ruby Jean -the "Fiddle Queen" with mando & Vocals  Bobby Lane-GtR ,Vocal, Harmonica  And I got to seen them for the first time as they opened up for Olivia Lane at Schmitts
 Saloon in Morgantown WV on April 6, 2016.  They are a two piece bluegrass band.  But they call their music PsychBillie/Outlaw Country.  The Weedhawks have very tight harmonies, Ruby Jean is the masterful fiddle player with a Johnny like Cash presence of Bobby. It was like watching a two piece rock with acoustic guitar and lead guitar.  With Ruby on Lead guitar.  They were great.  I stay and watch their whole set.
At the end of the set I ended up talking to Ruby Jean mom and she told me how talented she was. I will have to make ta point to talk to her sometime in the near future to see who she really is.









  Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments