Header Ads

Video Reviews for Week of January 11, 2015 Featuring George Ezra and Ash K

By C. Duke



George Ezra – Budapest (Official Video): English singer/songwriter George Ezra sites Bob Dylan and Wood Guthrie as his main musical influences. He released two EP’s, one in October, 2013, “Did You Hear the Rain” and the other in 2014, “Cassy O’ ”. From the first EP comes this song, “Budapest”. A top ten hit in many countries around the world, it reached number one in Austria, New Zealand and the Czech Republic. After the EPs Ezra came out with his debut studio album, “Wanted on Voyage” released June of 2014 and will be released in the U.S. January 27, 2015, which also has the single, “Budapest”.

The video opens to an above shot of a group of people standing still as Ezra sings about his beautiful house in Budapest and all the artifacts in it. The camera zooms in on him in the crowd as he sings that he would leave it all for, “you”.

From there we see different shots of Ezra from above, straight on, playing guitar, etc. Gradually some people start to stir in the crowd. A man sneezes and everyone turns to look. Then everybody starts moving. They put on 3D glasses and look up.

Ezra crowd surfs as two men cajole another to eat a hot pepper. After the man eats the pepper the crowd starts passing around their “artifacts”.

Three minutes into the video the music stops and Ezra sings acapella for the remainder of the song.

For more info on George Ezra, visit his profiles

Website
Facebook
Twitter.
instagram
YouTube

Spotify
Music Unlimited
Google+





Basement Jaxx - Rock This Road feat. Shakka: From their 7th studio album, “Junto” out now. Basement Jaxx are a British electronic dance music duo, who have been around since the early 90’s. This video features Shakka, a singer/songwriter and producer from the U.K. as well.

The first thing we see on the screen is a symbol, sort of like three circles in a cluster with a triangle in the middle. This is against a moonlit sky. Words start scrolling upward on the screen, “Lord Marqod, interstellar God of dance, approaches a lonely planet to harvest the dance energy of it’s denizens. With it he will finally be able to re-awaken the Queens of Mind, Body and Heart from their cosmic slumber”.

The camera scrolls down to a blue planet with a pyramid ship in its orbit, giving way to a shot of the ship’s inhabitants. Shakka sits on a throne with a guard on either side of him. He starts singing and after a few seconds the guards disappear into thin air.

They are now on the planet, which looks like Earth. They steal the inhabitants dance energy which shoots up to the ship into the queens in their tubular capsules. They start to awaken and sing background with their eyes shut. When they have more dance energy their eyes open and they dance.

Suddenly, they are out of their capsules and dancing around Shakka in his throne as he sings. The video continues in this manner until Shakka’s viewer shows, “dance overload” to which he retrieves his guards/dance energy collectors back to the ship and into their capsules.

For more info on Basement Jaxx, visit their profiles on

Website
Facebook
Twitter.
instagram
YouTube
iTunes
Spotify
Soundcloud
Google+

For more info on Shakka, visit his profiles on
Website
Facebook
Twitter

YouTube



NEW Christian Rap - Harmini - If I Go Away (Official Music Video) (@HARMINI731 @ChristianRapz): There’s not a whole lot of information on this artist, Harmini, which I can tell you. His website doesn’t have a bio and there was no Wikipedia page to find. What I can tell you is that Harmini is a Christian rapper and used Dallas County employees and officers in this video. There was an investigation opened but no violation was found in using the employees and officers.

The video, published on YouTube, December 31, 2014, opens up with a statement about government records showing more than 1.57 inmates are in federal, state and county prisons and that the U.S. has the largest prison population worldwide and it’s growing.

This gives way to a black and white shot of a criminal running through the woods away from the police and police dogs. Then there is another statement that for every decision, there is a consequence.

Now in color we hear comments from his family members and girlfriend or wife, such as, “Look what you’ve done”, “So, why did you do it”, “You’ve torn this family apart”, “Baby, I’m gonna wait for you”, “I love him because he’s my grandson” and, “There’s nothing else I can do. Ma’am, what’s done is done and I cannot change it”.

As the man in prison lays there thinking about what he did, Harmini starts rapping about not wanting to be there and just wanting to come home. Another man sings on the chorus, “If I go away/Then you will never see me again”.

As Harmini raps, we flip back and forth between scenes of Harmini and the prisoner’s previous life. Also we see the scenes that led up to the prisoner’s imprisonment. Doing coke and drinking, putting on a ski mask and going up to a rival gang’s porch and shooting at them to his getting arrested and going through court and the toll it takes on his family.

The video ends with Harmini rapping about not wanting to be there anymore and wanting to come home as in the beginning of the song.

For more information on Harmini, visit his  profiles

Website
Facebook
Twitter.
instagram
YouTube
iTunes
Spotify
Soundcloud
Google+



Redfoo - New Thang (Official Video): Redfoo is an American singer/songwriter, record producer, DJ and rapper. Better know as one half of the duo from LMFAO. He is also the youngest son of Motown Record label legend and founder Barry Gordy, Jr.

This song is the fourth single from his debut solo album, “I Look Good Naked” out since August 6, 2014 and the video was published to YouTube, August 24, 2014.

This song drew me in as soon as that 808 or 909 boom boom started. I’ll never tire of that sound. There are plenty of scantily clad women in bright colors in this humorous vid. Redfoo starts it off driving up in a pink DeLorean DMC-12 with its doors up. Getting out in cheetah patterned long
shorts he moves up to a girl playing a game on her smart phone and sings that she could be his new thing. Nice, women are just a thing to him.

Redfoo, goes on to tell them to, “Clap clap, make it clap/lights on, lights off/Make it clap” referring to them flapping their asses in the bedroom or the dance floor.

Redfoo is seen with various girls in the video and there is a shirtless saxophone player that pumps his hips as he plays. More sexual innuendo.

Overall I like the music but not the lyrics. Just another horny man objectifying women in music and video.

For more information on Redfoo, visit his profiles
Website
Facebook
Twitter.
instagram
YouTube
iTunes
Spotify
Soundcloud
Google+




Ash K- Bonnie & Clyde (Official Music Video): Ash K started out as Ash Kardash singing rap songs into her camera phone. She is a singer/songwriter/rapper who considers herself to be continually evolving and wants to inspire the world with her music. Again this is another artist with little information and no Wikipedia page.

Ash K has previously released three free mixtapes since 2012, “Beauty and the Barz, Relationships 101 (2013) and Relationships 102 (February 2014)”, before releasing the EP, “AK the EP” in September of 2014 in which this song is on. The video for this song was published to YouTube, December 31, 2014.

The music has a slow tempo with just high hats, an electronic snare and dreamy keyboards in the beginning before Ash K starts singing. She and her boyfriend are holed up in a motel and he’s counting money while she sings about how great their love for each other is.

Meanwhile you have two cops in the car staking out the place. Toward the end the fat donut eating cop sees Ash K peep out of the motel window. Him and his partner run up to the door and open it to which no one is there. End.

For more information on Ash K, visit her website iamashk.com and her profiler.
Website
Facebook
Twitter.
instagram
YouTube
iTunes
Google+ 

Bio of Ash K. Who is ASH K?

Honestly, I’m still trying to answer that myself. I’m building her, repairing her, and reconstructing her everyday with every piece of inspiration I find. I chose to let my fans build me into their own dream, live through me, and through my music. I listen to you. I respond to you. I deeply consider your comments and you are my inspiration.

I started as “Ash Kardash” just a plain, simple girl, sitting in front of a camera phone on a couch singing rap songs, but you all pushed me and made me more than that. You made me want to be more than that. So eventually I evolved into “Ash K” the singer, songwriter & rapper. But then one day, I spent a whole day reading comments, tweets, emails, and listening to music that had been sent to me by my fans and it finally came to me, my true purpose.

My purpose is not to sing, rap, entertain, write songs or create music, but to inspire the world by doing all those things as YOU inspired me to become AK. I want my music and myself as an artist to inspire people to follow their dreams. One day I’m sure that I’ll know the exact answer to “Who is AK?” but as for right now, I’m not sure. My fans and I are still building her. YOU are still building me. I’m still being inspired every day, and though I may notfully understand who I am, I know I am an inspirer.

Sincerely,
AK

 - Read the full story at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments