Header Ads

Ronnie James Dio, Dies at 67, on May 16, 2010. Rest Well Our Metal Father


Heaven and Hell, God Bless You Dio... We Know You Are in Heaven! Ronnie James Dio Dies... May 16, 2010

Ronnie James Dio, the father of heavy metal, born on July 10, 1942 and leaving us today, May 16, 2010. Dio was the voice of heavy metal for so many decades. As the lead in so many iconic bands, including DIO, Black Sabbath and Rainbow, Dio was heavy metal and metal was Dio. Dio's lasting influence on heavy metal is pronounced at every heavy metal show by legions of metal heads raising their "devil horns" in the air, to praise the music. Today I mourn as I raise my horns to the one and only, metal father, Ronnie James Dio. Remembering more than three decades of the most powerful music that has ever been given to us by an artist and singer, you have always "Sang me songs, because your WERE a Singer." After many months battling the devil, cancer (stomach), finally he took you, on this day, May 16, 2010. There will never be another Ronnie James Dio, every metal band and singer tried to measure up to the one and only, Ronnie James Dio. Rest in Peace, and may God love and keep you. You will always live in me and the fans that followed you for so many years. You brought music and wonderful lyrics that will live on. Wendy, I wish you the best and your family.

Ronnie, many many years ago, when I heard "Man on a Silver Mountain" and "Long Live Rock 'n Roll" I was hooked, I fell in love with metal and became a fan of Dio and remain till this day. I don't know how many of you out there prefer Dio Black Sabbath to Ozzy, but I always did. I love Ozzy in Sabbath, but to me, Dio was the vocalist that introduced me to Sabbath. I remember the first day hearing "The Mob Rules" and the magic of "Heaven and Hell." Then when Dio went solo and formed his band DIO, it was the mark that started the 1980s. Heavy metal was everywhere and through out those early years for me, Ronnie James Dio was the icon that myself and my friends cherished. The lyrics and the music was magical, we believed that we all can attain all. I miss you Ronnie. Thank you for the music. It will live with me.

Artist as Ronnie James Dio, do not die, they expire for a new generation to live!

-Read more at UnRatedMagazine.com

No comments